Thursday, March 31, 2011

vulnerability

To me, it is a road that is intriguing and enchanting. It’s mysterious. It draws you in. It is a choice without any promises. It’s all or nothing. It’s blind trust. It might be something wonderful. It might end in heartache. It is following your heart and hoping for the best, ignoring all logic because logic undermines all of your wishful thinking.

How can you be vulnerable and protect your heart at the same time? How do you know when to trust and when to keep yourself miles and miles away from something? Vulnerability is often deceitful and you can never be quite sure if it’s the right kind of vulnerability or the wrong kind. “This time will be different I swear,” a voice in the back of your head tells you. You have nothing left to lose. It’ll be okay, right? But then, what happens when it isn't really okay? Because the little voice that said “this time will be different” wasn’t the right voice. All the other voices sigh and say, “I told you so.” There are too many voices to listen to. The voice of reason. The voice of emotions. The voice of your head, the voice of your heart, the voice of God... Vulnerability is an excuse we make for our individual choices. (at least I do that a lot)


Owning my feelings is something I struggle with. I would like to become more accepting of life... the good and the bad. Because there is much to be thankful for :)



This is my roomie Steph, holding one of the 50 hearts I am working on crocheting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment