Thursday, March 3, 2011

snail mail

Some things are good for my soul, and letter writing is one of them. I like to write letters to Alissa who lives a few hours away. Sometimes I write to Chelsea who moved across the continent to Florida. I try to write to my best friend Sara who lives an hour away, but we always end up seeing each other first and discussing everything that was in the letters. And sometimes I send mail across campus, or to my dearest Steph who lives in the same room as me. Letters are always a good idea, and what I love even more is receiving them back :) aahhh, warm fuzzies all around. I keep them in this jar:


I sent this card and mini-card to Alissa because a) we are wonderful pen pals, b) everything bunny-related must be sent her way, and c) I needed an outlet. I gathered some paper that I bought two Valentine's Days ago, my doily cutter (which never gets used, ever), and a flower I crocheted (the only thing I know how to crochet). Being even the slightest bit crafty allows me to put my focus toward something fun and lighthearted rather than dwelling on something I can't control.


Philippians 4:7 has been guiding me all week. Thank goodness.


And I will continue posting mail-related snippets 'cause I love them so :)

1 comment:

  1. you are seriously too cute to function, jennifer. it kills me. while simultaneously bringing me so much joy. you are making me a living juxtaposition! love you. :)

    ReplyDelete